June 17, 2020 - Middle Market M&A Outlook - Where Do We Go From Here?
Balmoral Advisors is pleased to share with you our Middle Market M&A Outlook – Where Do We Go From Here?
Deals under LOI are either pushing forward with urgency or have been temporarily paused. M&A activity had already started to soften prior to COVID-19, with M&A activity expected to pick up in Q3 but remain down for the remainder of the year. Join us to hear how advisors are finding creative ways to bridge the gap for buyers and sellers alike and get deals done in the current environment, as well as the outlook for distressed and special situations transactions over the short-term.
Key questions addressed include the following:
- What is the current state of the deal market and how has it evolved since the crisis first hit in March?
- How have each of the key participants in the deal market (lenders, buyers, sellers) reacted to events and where do they stand now?
- Have there been any changes to the approach and structuring of deals to cope with the situation?
- What has happened to valuations?
- Are there distressed opportunities in the market now?
- What will it take for the market to come back?
- What should sellers of businesses be thinking about in this environment?
- Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the near term future for deals?